Neil Addison, Consultant
Neil was a Corporate Partner at Clifford Chance for 17 years.
He has over 35 years' experience advising clients - including owner-managers - on international and domestic joint ventures, acquisitions and disposals, IPOs, private equity transactions, financings, commercial and strategic partnership relationships, intellectual property portfolio management and licensing.
He has advised clients in many sectors, including real estate, defence, aviation, media, IT, catering, financial services, retail and manufacturing. Many of his client relationships have lasted over a number of years.
For 9 years, Neil was General Counsel for a group of companies owned and managed by a high-profile, high net worth family: including an innovative digital marketing company with operations in the UK, USA, Germany and Australia, and several real estate companies. He negotiated all international and domestic commercial agreements, joint ventures and partnering arrangements, negotiated fundraising documentation, managed their IP portfolios, instructed external counsel, and dealt with all other legal matters.
Neil's experience includes:
- One of the lead Clifford Chance partners advising HM Government on the privatisation and simultaneous flotation of 10 water and sewerage companies.
- Advised British Rail on its privatisation and disposal of BR operating units.
- Advised Sumitomo Rubber Industries of Japan on its four international joint ventures with Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company.
- Advised several leading European and Asian aerospace companies on their international corporate acquisitions and international joint ventures with other aerospace and military partners.
- Advised several investment banks, brokers and other intermediaries on sponsorship, share placing and underwriting agreements with Stock Exchange listed companies.
- Advised leading IT services and outsourced catering services companies on acquisitions and commercial agreements.
Neil has advised several London Stock Exchange public companies over a number of years, including:
- Laura Ashley Plc on its original IPO and for many years on its public company obligations, secondary share offerings, corporate acquisitions and disposals, and other legal matters.
- BPB Plc, a leading European manufacturer of plasterboard and building products, on its international corporate acquisitions, secondary share offerings, public company obligations and other legal matters, for many years.
- A leading real estate company on its public company obligations, secondary share issues, corporate acquisitions and joint ventures.