Richard Hierons, Founding Partner
Richard is a corporate lawyer, and an entrepreneur at heart. He specialises in representing high net worth individuals and owner-managed businesses on M&A, private equity transactions and corporate finance.
Richard qualified in 1983. Before setting up Hierons in 2009, he worked at Clifford Chance, Nabarro, and led Akin Gump's UK Corporate team.
Richard is bilingual in English and French. He advises French clients on business ventures in the UK, and provides legal advice to clients who wish to invest in France.
He has delivered seminars on London IPOs at Harvard Business School and at the Adam Smith Institute.
Richard's most recent experience includes:
- Advised a family office on English law aspects of a significant disposal and joint venture with KKR.
- Senior buy-side lawyer on a £13m acquisition of a private company in the UK by a NYSE-listed company.
- Restructuring and refinancing of a substantial privately-owned group in the food sector.
- Advised the sponsor on a restructuring, refinancing and move from the Main Market to AIM.
- Advised private and public companies on significant outsourcing contracts with FTSE 100 companies and investment banks.
- Advised on acquisitions and joint ventures of restaurants, and agreements with well-known chefs.
- Advised a number of venture capital firms on early-stage investments in the IT sector.
- Earlier in his career, Richard was the lead lawyer on cross-border transactions involving some of the biggest companies in France, including Rhône-Poulenc (now part of Sanofi), Veolia and Vallourec Mannesmann.
- Richard has worked on over 20 London IPOs. He was the lead English lawyer representing Lukoil when it became the first Russian company to obtain a full listing on the London Stock Exchange.