Roy Montague-Jones, Consultant
Roy was a partner in Simmons & Simmons, Richards Butler and Reed Smith for over 25 years. He advises on cross-border investment, joint venture and bank lending transactions, and has extensive experience of advising Asian investors on cross-border investment transactions in Europe.
Roy co-chaired the India practice at Richards Butler and Reed Smith. His India expertise has been recognised in the independent legal directories, including India Business Law Journal, Legal 500, Asia Pacific Legal 500 and Chambers Global.
Roy has particular experience of advising clients in the energy, commodities, pharmaceuticals and media sectors. He was listed among the London Super Lawyers in 2015 for his wider corporate work.
He is a trustee of the UK charity, Muktangan Educational Trust, which supports child-centred teacher education and school programmes in partnership with marginalised communities in Mumbai.
Roy’s recent experience includes advising:
- Dalian Wanda on its US$1.2 billion acquisition of a European sports media group from Bridgepoint funds and co-investors;
- Wockhardt, an Indian listed pharmaceuticals group, on acquisition and finance transactions and debt restructuring issues;
- a digital, business consulting and technology services provider, based in New York, on its acquisition of a UK-based IT services group;
- a UK investor in connection with a joint venture in India in the food and beverages sector;
- the UK financial adviser to an investor based in Hong Kong in connection with a recommended public offer for a UK-listed target, and
- a US activist shareholder on stakebuilding issues, and board and sale discussions in relation to a UK target that was listed on the London Stock Exchange’s Main Market.